View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 06:34 AM   #1135
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Update - Bailey

Bailey had her first phone conversation with a college coach. Cumberland University called her a few weeks back. They have been emailing her for quite a while, and they are extremely interested in trying to get her on the team. Cumberlands is an NAIA school, and if they could sign Bailey, the moment she steps on campus she makes the team much better. Her times indicate she would be an A finalist at the conference championships in whatever 3 events she chose to compete in. In addition, she has several times that are good enough to immediately qualify her for the NAIA National Championships, and her 200 Fly is good enough to potentially make the A final at the National Championship meet.

I was present for the talk, and Bailey really down played it to the wife, but seemed pretty upbeat when talking to me about it. Unfortunately, Cumberlands isn't the type of school Bailey is interested in. She wants to go to a bigger school in a nice size city (not necessarily urban, but definitely not rural). In truth my expectations are that she will quit swimming at the end of the high school season this upcoming season, but I made her promise to visit a few schools to see what they have to offer. My fingers are crossed that she'll swim in college. She's going to enter college as a Sophomore because she's dual enrolled last year and she'll do it again this year, and I keep trying to impress upon her that she could swim at a small college for 2 or 3 years, graduate and then go to a bigger college to get her Master's degree, and she'd still be the same age as most of the students on campus.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote