View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #70
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

July 10, 2020

-- We always start our preseason with an intrasquad friendly, pitting our backups and reserves against our U18 squad.

Dover 4 - 1 Dover U18
Dover Goals - Roberto 2 (8.8), Petr Simek (7.3), Andrew Stanley (8.5)
Dover Assists - Cameron Murray 2 (9.0), Jozef Varga (8.1), Mancini (7.9)
Man of the Match - Cameron Murray
Other Notables: Lukasz Fabianski (7.2), Jozef Kuciak (7.2), Petr Kostal (7.2)

U18 Goal - Carlo Cerbone (7.3)
U18 Assist - Gregoire Lambert (6.8)
Other Notables - Garry Doyle (5.2), Simon Hassan (5.7)

-- Nothing much notable out of this match other than it was terrible football.

Transfer OUT

- Frantisek Kroulik accepts a deal from Celta and he leaves Dover with immediate effect. I kind of regret moving him to be honest - he would have been my #3 MC behind wonderkid new signing Neil Cairney and our star Andrea Rocca and it's not easy finding 4.5 star potential players. That said, it's hard to turn down the £7,500,000 I made in the sale and hopefully I can use that to get the big DC I need in addition to adding a touch more depth. The 7.5 million pound fee is by far the largest in Dover history, surpassing the £2,500,000 I received for Fraser Forster last year.

-- I find out that a second DC I had a contract offer into picked another team other than Dover. In the end, the other team offered a substantially higher salary so I get why the decision was made. Back to the drawing board…

Transfer IN

- I sign 22 year old DR Ross McLaughlin on a free to a £5000 per week contract. I've long had my eye on McLaughlin and he was recently released by Man City - he'll provide depth at right fullback for us and I'm guessing he'll get some decent playing time behind our new signing Salim Loucif.

Season Ticket Update

-- We've sold 2181 season tickets so far and are projected at this time to reach about 4200 in total.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-23-2013 at 12:05 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote