View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #72
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Wed. July 15, 2020 - Preseason Friendly

Dover Athletic vs. Galatasaray
Crabble Athletic Ground, Dover, UK

This will be a much tougher contest against the Turkish Premier League side, especially since I'll be starting my "B" lineup today, for the most part.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - L. Fabianski
D - J. Varga, G. Mace, L. Stetina, R. McLaughlin
M - C. Murray, Mancini, N. Cairney, P. Kostal
S - P. Simek, Z. Bardi

Dover 1 - 4 Galatasaray
Goal - Zoltan Bardi (7.2)
Assist - Neil Cairney (6.8)
Man of the Match - Marcos Antonio (Galatasaray)
Other Notables - Ross McLaughlin (5.6), Lukas Stetina (5.8), Gareth Mace (5.6)
Attendance - 8615

A pretty poor game on our part but our depth quite obviously isn't as strong as it needs to be. Our defence had a rough night. Thankfully we had no injuries coming out of this one.

Transfer OUT

- We say goodbye to former U18 player Frankie Taylor, who leaves on a £70,000 transfer to Tranmere. We picked Taylor up on a free in 2017 when he was dropped by Huddersfield. We sent him on loan spells to Leyton Orient, Brighton and Charlton but he was rarely used, only playing 2 official league games to this date. I'm thrilled to get anything for him, to be honest.

Loan OUT

-- For the second year in a row, I loan out AMC Aitor Zubizarreta to Gimnastic in LIGA BBVA. I get an upfront fee of £200,000 and we also included a clause that allows them to purchase Zubizarreta at any point during the deal for £3,800,000. Interestingly enough, that gossip magazine Goal.com got a sound bite from our captain Darren Pratley that revealed he was happy Zubizarreta was gone, as he was causing issues in our locker room. Hmm.

-- I lose out on another target, this time a depth left fullback, who chose to go to Duisburg over Dover.

-- Wayne Rooney signs with Fulham for basically the same amount I offered. No big deal - I think we're fine at striker without him.

Euro U19 Championship

Our new Danish central defender Thomas Andersen played the whole match and contributed an assist in a 2-1 Denmark victory over Ireland. Andersen's team has made it to the semi-finals, where they'll face Portugal while Slovakia and Italy battle it out on the other side of the draw.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote