View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #91
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Reserve Team Update

-- We defeat Reading's Reserves 2-0 behind a Gareth Hancock own goal (off a deflected Mancini blast) and a late game breakaway marker from Gerardo Escobar.

International Duty

-- U18 player Carlo Cerbone is called up by Italy's U20 team. This is the first time I've seen a call-up for Cerbone and since he's currently uncapped, it could very well be his first international appearance if he's called upon to play.

-- Defenders Renato Gaucho and Thomas Andersen both put in good performances for Brazil and Denmark respectively in international friendlies. Gianluca Bolis notches two assists in a 3-1 Italy win over Turkey in Euro U21 qualifying play.

-- We have five players who took part in World Cup qualifying. Of the five, Neil Cairney played best, scoring a goal in a 2-1 Scotland win over Belgium but Paulus Tjiuoro (Namibia), Salim Loucif (Algeria) and Zoltan Bardi (Hungary) all got positive notices for their work in their games. Oliver Nicholas wasn't at his best for Eritrea in a heavy 4-0 loss to Zambia. Cairney's goal, by the way, was his first ever international goal and a press release states his delight.

U18 Update

-- Dover's U18s defeat AFC Wimbledon 4-2, with young Carlo Cerbone notching a hat trick! Gary Cook scores the other Dover goal.

-- Zoltan Bardi continues to be upset with his contract. He's making peanuts compared to Giorgos Gesios and I do think it's something I'll need to address. He leaves in a huff when I say we should talk about this later. The next day, it's GK Ingo Wilke's turn and I tell him he's being very unprofessional. He apologizes for his behaviour and leaves.

Training Facilities Upgrade

-- After almost a decade of inactivity with respect to our stadium and training grounds, it's incredible the amount of work that's being done right now at Crabble Athletic Ground. We complete construction of a second training ground upgrade in two years, with our training facilities upgraded to "Average" from "Adequate". Final work is still being completed on our stadium seat expansion and we're also in the planning stages of upgrading our Youth Recruitment Network.

Injury Update

-- We are pretty much 100% healthy. GK Lucasz Fabianski comes down with the flu so I send him home to recuperate before he spreads it to the rest of the team.

Next Up

-- We head to Liverpool Stadium for a big game against The Reds
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote