Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

2nd – Away at Maritimo
9th – Home vs Ferreira
15th – Away at Porto
22nd – Home vs Benfica
30th – Away at Academica

This is the last stretch of bad games. We are on the road against our rival – never easy. Before, we did poorly hereto, before picking up steam in the latter half of the first half. So, March will be officially known as Woodshed Month here in Madeira.

Impressing in training this month are Djaniny, Coelho and Mariano. Rondon wans 2nd in Playre of Month voting.

Back to normal starters for today’s game – can we defeat our rival on the road? I begin defensive. We miss a chance to score early when a great shot rebounds. I move to Standard. Late in the half, Skolnik cross to Candeais who puts it in, when the defense was expecting the two strikes in position to get the ball. Half time. Keep it up. These are our rivals at home, they won’t let up. Around the 55 mark I move to countering. I throw in Adriano for Djaniny. Out comes an injured Sequeira for Z Junior. They’ve had a lot of good opportunities. And then Freire hits a header off an Aurelio corner kick and we are up 2-0 at the 75th minute. Whew. Hopefully that buys us a cushion. I put in Reginaldo for Diego B. Adriano gest a goal in the 80th minute. He sprung on a tackled ball. They get a long shot in the 89th but its called offsides. We shut them out, on the road. Ouch! MOM is Joao Aurelio.

They sacked their manager right after the game. I liked him to, we had a nice rapport going. Five players were named in Team of the Week – Mexer, Freire, Aurelio, Candeais and Skolnik.

Maritimo’s new boss loses to Olhanense 5-3.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote