View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 10:18 AM   #295
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That's what I'm say. Maybe they're getting it closer to right at World Cup but it's still not right in any scientific way. It sounds more like, no one gives enough stoppage time so double what you'd normally give during this tournament.

If the aim was to get it exactly right in a more scientific way, they would take the time keeping out of the hand of the match officials and give it to a guy in a box upstairs who would stop and start the clock at any and every stoppage. That is the exact fix. I personally don't want that at all.

In theory, FIFA as the sport's world governing body, should be the one to govern games in its tournaments as close the laws of the game as possible. In theory, the expectation should be that the continental and league governing bodies move closer to FIFA's position, not the other way around.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote