View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #63
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
And obviously because you don't own a FNM album, they were not influential.. While youre at it go tell that to Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Korn, Deftones, System of a Down, Sound Garden and several other bands...
Let's not play "compare our musical knowledge." I give plenty of credit where it's due, to bands I like and bands I don't dig. Hell, I think you'd have a tougher argument over whether or not Mr. Bungle was more important than Faith No More.

Quote:
You want to continue giving a verbal lovejob to Nirvana, go ahead but leave bands you have no idea about out of it.... Dave Grohl is a better musician than Cobain was anyway.
Don't think either of my posts was a "verbal lovejob," but in neither of them did I say I didn't know anything about Faith No More. Just said I didn't own any of their work. Not that I haven't listened to it.

You're right about one thing, though: Grohl is a better musician than Kurt was. On the other hand, Kurt would have taken a dump on some of the songs Dave's been releasing these days, so maybe the "musical integrity" question would be less in his favor. Fwiw, I like the Foos fine.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote