View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #89
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Obviously I don't know about the law in Penn., but here you are required, by law, to report anything that you hear of any possible abuse. You do not tell your supervisor, you are required to personally get in touch with CPS and file a report, whether you have proof or not.

I have had to report just on a student telling me they are hit by their parent. The truth of their statement is irrelevant- as an adult I must protect the child and let the "professionals" deal with truths, not some AD.
This was the case with me when I was on YL Staff in Georgia. I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if this has been covered yet, but that's evidently not the case in Pennsylvania, at least not when you work for a University. This is straight from the Grand Jury Report:

It appears from this that legally, Paterno is completely in the clear. From reading the report and seeing Paterno's statement, it appears that at some point (whether before he told JoePa or after the fact) McQueary decided to shield Paterno a bit by only telling him that "something of a sexual nature" occurred (or agreeing to say that was all he told him.) The report (and Paterno's statement) indicates he told Paterno in vague terms, and he said "anal sex" to Schultz and Curley.