View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #790
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Georgia Long Course Age Group State Championships – RESULTS – DAY 4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey

#83 Girls 13-14 200 LC Meter Backstroke – (2:39.98) : 63/35 – Bailey was very indifferent about this race, talking down her performance coming into it. Talking about how she was probably going to come in last. However, when the race started to nonchalance stopped. She clearly wanted to swim well, as her stroke looked good and the rotation was a bit quicker than normal. She opened with a 1:17 high, and her personal best in the 100 is a 1:16 high. Obviously, she was pushing. She ended up fading in the last 20 meters, but still managed to improve on her time. She finished in 2:38.21. She also managed to finish 48th, passing quite a few other swimmers in the standings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear

#88 Boys 13-14 200 LC Meter IM – (2:32.61): 62/29 – Originally in this write up I stated [i]“I think he can get a personal best, I don’t expect a huge improvement here. Sprinting as I mentioned above has been a bit sluggish”. However, after his huge improvement in the 400 IM my expectations changed. I can’t sit here and admit I expected a huge improvement, the shorter distance makes that much tougher to accomplish, but given his improved Breast and solid remaining strokes, I thought a 2+ second drop could be achieved. Coming into this event, his opening 100 (fly and back legs) in his personal best swim was a 1:14.09…he opened here in a 1:10.81. Already a huge improvement. He finished the back half about half a second faster than his previous personal best swim to post a total time of 2:28.87

#92 Boys 13-14 400 LC Meter Freestyle – 4:43.05 : 31/26 – Bear hadn’t improved on this even all year. The 4:43 time that he was seeded with was actually posted at the long course state meet in 2015. He wasn’t happy about that so he attacked this race with a vengeance. Ultimately he dropped 10.31 seconds and finished in a time of 4:32.74. This swim was so strong he ended up jumping a bunch of swimmers in the standings. In fact, had this been a prelim/final swim (the 400 was a final only swim so the kids didn’t have to swim it twice in 1 day), he would have qualified for the B final in 20th place.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote