View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #80
MJ4H
Coordinator

The wood chip cache was found on the day after it was hidden. It was DNF'd once first though. One of the guys we met at the meet-up tried to find it and failed. Knew it would be hard, so not surprised. Actually more surprised it was found so quickly by someone else.

The Water Tower Park cache got approved this morning finally. It was logged as found a few hours later, already. The log said they stared at it for a minutes before they realized that was the cache. Sprinkler camouflage working, I guess.

We have been going to all of the baseball games in the College Baseball Regional, this weekend. Yesterday, the early game was Kansas State vs. Grambling. It ended about 4:30 and the night game wasn't until 7:05. We grabbed some food and stopped to find a couple of caches on the way back to the stadium. Our first one was at the end of a walking trail that was built in anticipation of a housing sub-division that was going to be built. I think the change in the housing market nixed that, because there aren't any signs of development here, now.

We walked to the end of it and started our search. Peering into a bunch of trees, here is what we saw:

Can you spot the hidden geocache in this picture?

It shows up a little bit better with the flash, but this an idea of how hard these things can be to see, even if they are right in front of you:
Spoiler

We had time for one more before we headed to the stadium. This one was a hide-a-key container stuck to the inside of a fold in a guard-rail (fairly common type of hide). The thing about this one is there was a little guy guarding the cache.

See him? My wife sure did. She refused to reach in and get the cache. I had to use one of her shoes to make him move away before I would reach in there. I used to be extremely arachnaphobic. I still have it a little bit, but at one point in my life I finally came to the decision I wasn't going to let seeing a spider alter the course of my day. At one time in my life, I wouldn't have considered getting this cache. Frankly, I would've acted like a big baby. I just got the spider to crawl out of the bottom of the hidey-hole, and I reached in and got the cache. We signed it, and I made sure he was still out on the bottom. When I saw that he was, I went ahead and put the cache back.

Not going to pretend I liked it, though!
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote