View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #87
MJ4H
Coordinator

Another hide today. This is hide #7 that is active. Today we took my son to physical therapy. He is there for an hour so we find ourselves in Fayetteville for an hour with nothing to do. Sometimes we eat out, but we are trying to be careful with what we eat right now. So, we ate before we left and decided to do a bit of geocaching.

We are very much in urban-caching-only mode right now. Both of us are very itchy from bug bites and I'm afraid another bout of poison ivy for me. We want to get over that before we traipse into the woods again.

There are only a few urban-style caches in the area near his therapy, so we decided to take another one or two off the board today. We headed to it and found it very quickly. However, we discovered it was very near an area my wife had talked about hiding a cache some in the past.

We decided instead of finding any more today that we would go scout out the area for a hiding place.

We scoured for about 20 minutes and finally found a decent little spot. We hid the fake sprinkler-head container at the base of a tree behind a cemetery. The cemetery borders on some tennis courts at a rec-center of some sort. We could hear a dad teaching his kids to play tennis through the trees as we were scouring.

Here is our 7th hide:

It is already published and active. I expect someone to find it within a few hours, honestly.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote