View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:04 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Other notes on that last season:

Patrick Lauber was named Fans' Player of the Year, which reflects my own sense that he was actually our most valuable player - not Brian Haule, despite the Tanzanian leading us in goals scored with 13, most PotM awards with 6, and a higher rating of 7.17 to Lauber's 7.16.

Last year's Best 11. Because of the formation, no Lauber in the list, though I'm sure he'll be there next year if he sticks around.

More Defections
DL Tremain Walters
DC Bernard Morley
DR/MC Brian Close
Leon Shaw (U21)

We *finally* get someone to sign with us.

Transfer In - MC Liam Bright - 20 - 5/5
Our assman instantly rates the kid out as our best midfielder, and I'm thrilled to have him after all the defections we've been getting.

At the time of Bright's signing, we have 15 players, with no AMC, no backline or winger depth, and no third striker.

I notice something interesting on the boardroom screen.

Even though the local council rejected the plans, the board is still going ahead with the aim of building a stadium for ourselves within three years.

Speaking of finances, our official profit for the year is $60k, so we're rolling in the dough comparatively speaking.

Transfer In - DL Michael Ricketts - 22 - 4/5
Fairly well back due to our U21 kids, but he's got better pace/strength combination, which is what we need in our system.

Jordan Street and John Wigglesworth report back tired still, but everyone else appears to be fine.

My scout keeps recommending players who are under contract in the team meeting. It's like hello, we're an amateur side.

DC Tom Clarkson - 25 - 5/5
Reportedly our best central defender, so evidently we've gotten some great pickups with two of the three we have managed to bring in.

DC/MC Dean Strutt - 27 - 3/3
Strictly depth signing for the backline.

GK Paul Langford - 17 - 2/5
He'll battle Joe McLoughlin for the starting keeper job, and might actually manage to win out despite his youth.

Transfers Out
MC Andy Catley

DLCR Tom Morgan - 20 - 3.5/3.5
I'm going to have him work as a fullback, with the aim of making him the depth guy at DR.

Terrible news, as Paul Langford breaks his finger and is out 2 months.

Our assman can't seem to find anyone to have friendlies with, and I find out why. "It is likely Inkberrow U21s will find it too far to travel." Yeah, this whole no stadium thing is causing problems.

Holland wins the World Cup

More Transfers Out
DR Mark Bertram
MC Phil Lindley
MC Craig Mitchell

As of right now, we can field a green player at every position except AMC, which just happens to be in both of our formations. And everyone we try to bring in, even the scrubs, rejects us.

And then this happens:

Thanks. Like we're not under enough pressure already with all the players we keep losing, and our inability to find someone, anyone, to play a vital position in our system.

Transfer In - AMC/AMR/ST Simon Bloor - 17 - 1.5/3
*Finally* we land someone capable of playing the position. He's a young scrub, but I don't care.

Transfer In - ST Garry Shepard - 38 - 4.5/4.5
Yes, he's 38. He also happens to grade out as our best striker, and will be the team captain this season most likely. Oh, and he's our second non-English player on the squad, given that he's Welsh. Oh wait, third. Thomas Morgan is Welsh, too.

One of the perks of promoting up to Level 11? We get to play in the FA Cup, and we draw Atherstone Town Reserves in the first preliminary round. That's pretty damn exciting, to finally get into cup play.

Good Trains
GK Joe McLoughlin
GK Martin Grice

$2.27k profit and the board is thrilled with Inkberrow's growth in stature since I took over, even though we're still Obscure.

Transfer Out
Nathaniel Turner (U21)

vs Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Arborfield
G: Joe McLoughlin
D: Michael Ricketts/Lee Craig/Tom Clarkson/Tom Morgan
M: Liam Bright/Joe Ward
AM: Patrick Lauber/Simon Bloor/Billy Akrigg
ST: Brian Haule

I'll let the assman pick our players to start the season. Bolded guys are brand new starters.

First half yields nothing exciting either way. Street goes on for Ricketts at the half.

47 - First time I've seen that for one of my teams. Lauber hits the corner kick, but the goalie bobbles it, and it goes in! 1-0

71 - Strutt in for tired Craig.

88 - Bloor starts a move and is on the end of it when he receives[ Haule's great pass, but the kid blows it by hitting the post.

89 - YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!! ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FUCKING HANG ON!!!! 1-1

93 - If this wasn't my mom's laptop, I would totally throw the fucking computer against the wall right now. FUCKING HORSESHOE PLAY! 1-2

You bet I fucking scream at the team in the locker room. No excuse to fucking give up 2 god damned punk bitchass fucking goals in 4 motherfucking minutes. ABSOLUTELY NONE, YOU HEAR ME?!?!

I'm so angry I give no fucks about Patrick Lauber looking baller in training.

Look, you fucking staff idiots... WE ARE A FUCKING AMATEUR TEAM! STOP FUCKING RECOMMENDING PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY MAKE ENGLISH POUNDS! I KNOW POUNDS ARE FOR FATTY PEOPLE LIKE SUBBY AND NOT REAL MONEY, BUT JUST STAHP!

16th @Hove White Rangers (13th)
G: Joe McLoughlin
D: Lee Craig/Chris Black/Jordan Street/Tom Morgan
M: Dean Strutt/Liam Bright/Paul McDonnell
AM: Simon Bloor
S: John Wigglesworth/Garry Shepard

I called up a few U21 players because with 20 teams, our games played/season jumps from 28 to 38, so rotating guys in and out is more important. That also means we need more depth, by the way.

37 - Pretty sure he wasn't offsides, but we'll take it.

38 - Give and go between Wigglesworth and Shepard, with the elder setting up the younger on a beautiful defense-beating ball. Finally, we get an authentic goal for the first time this year. 1-0

46 - Great takeaway by Street and we finish it off with the 1-2 punch of Wigglesworth and Shephard, and almost the exact same move that got us the first goal. With the same player, too. 2-0

Half the team gets confused when I tell them not to get complacent, even though a bunch of them are looking like they've got this in the bag. Fortunately the other half responds well.

55 - Morgan has it on the wing after the pass from Bright. We've had about a trillion shots this sequence that have been snuffed out. Here's the pass to Bloor, and it's immediately sent on to Wigglesworth in the box. HELLO, HAT TRICK!!!! 3-0

65 - You fucking idiots. Way to kick it in the back of your fellow defender and have it bounce right back to the opponent. Street to DR and Ricketts in at DL, Clarkson at one DC spot, to sit Morgan and Craig.

74 - Bright passes to Shephard at midfield. There's a short kickback to Bloor, followed by a long ground pass to Wigglesworth. He cooly dribbles into the box, fires, and [b]that's goal #4!!![b]. Wow, just wow! 4-1

77 - Sigh. 4-2

81 - PK! AND IT'S WIGGLESWORTH WITH GOAL #5!!!!! Holy shit! 5-2

83 - Shephard gets the ball stolen in the box, but he nabs it right back and passes to Wigglesworth. AND WE HAVE GOAL #6!!!!! 6-2

Hot diggity damn! Unfortunately the YouTube login's not working, so I'll have to see if I can save the goals file and email it to myself, then upload.

This is probably the best our season will get, so I'm going to stop here, and just savor the moment.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote