View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

Self, it's one game with a whole new system, and entirely new players. WTF did you expect? Keep on keeping on. We also had two gray players.

Before the next game, we hire a coach and a physio, and bring in as pacey a central midfielder and striker as we can convince to play for us. Our transfer efforts in general are failing hard right now. Nobody wants part of a relegation candidate.

22nd @Yaxley (5th)
G: Darren Guichard
D: Jean Khasa/Emanuel Otira/Paul Staniforth/Daniel Payne
M: Anton Astley/Gray/Tegana James/Matt Dodds
AMC: Drew Underwood
ST: Steve O'Connor

43 - Khasa whips a long ball down the left wing for O'Connor, who then hits a long cross over to Dodds for the backdoor score. It's not only our first goal of the Izulde Whitchurch era, it's our first lead. 1-0

64 - For all the pace we're supposed to have as a team, we're sure getting beat a lot 1-1

74 - I'm not getting my contract renewed 1-2

89 - Whatever. 1-3

It's a bad idea probably, but I make adjustments to team instructions to play a slower, possession controlled, defensive type of game. Our talent level is consistently below everyone else it seems, and we just need to find out way out of the drop zone.

A couple more transfers in, giving us a full non-gray starting lineup for the first time ever. We even have an actual non-gray reserve. A whole two of them!

22nd vs Oadby (1st)
M: Anton Astley/Lewis Rolfe/Tegana James/Matt Dodds
AMC: Jon Fenton

Things aren't getting any easier for us, it seems. I also adjusted player roles to whatever people are most comfortable playing, and have my AMC and ST as attackers. Everyone else is either Support or Defend.

25 - It's James with the DFK goal just outside the box!!!! 1-0

56 - Here's Rolfe with an amazing blast all the way down the pitch after a clearance. O'Connor is completely on his own. He holds up play, however, and waits to center it to James. The pass then goes to the box, where a flying Fenton zooms in for the doubling! 2-0

66 - Time to go defensive. 2-1

75 - Underwood in at ML, Jelley in at ST.

AND WE PULL OFF THE MAJOR UPSET!!!!

7.5+
Tegana James - 8.3 - Player of the Match

That's not enough to pull us out of the drop, but it does move us to 21st with 22 games played. That's just over half the 42 games in the season, giving us plenty of time to climb out of the basement. The victory also snaps an eight match losing streak.

Our assman hates our keeper, by the way. Rates him as 0.5 silver stars, but at just $3k under the wage budget, we can't afford to make any big moves.

Extension - Junior Lewis - 2016 - Player/Assistant Manager
Takes a $200 a year paycut. I should have tried to sign him to a longer deal because $1.9k for a great assistant manager is a damned steal.

Everyone else I need to wait and see on. No one at the club makes more than $3,700 right now, but they're all asking for $4,000 or more - a bit too expensive for our wage budget. Especially since it's probably going to drop after this season.

21st @Bilston (22nd)
AMC: Jon Fenton

We do have another formation we're working on with two strikers, but I don't want to unveil it until we hit a game where we're favored.

35 - Fucking PKs. 0-1

Underwood for Astley at half, Jelley for O'Connor

85 - Rolfe to Jelley, who oozes a pass in the box for Fenton. The shot splits the defense to save a point potentially. They're screaming it's offsides. 1-1

This is game we should have been able to win. Instead, we're in the same exact boat as before.

Jean Khasa will miss our next game, and I should be trying to bring in someone to replace him.

Instead I stretch the budget to bring in this guy:

First guy I've signed for two years. Physically amazing and a set piece god. Also my first Scot signing of this dynasty. Other non-English guy is Daniel Payne, a Welshman. Had to pay him a $1.5k loyalty bonus and $25 goal fee to get him to come down from his initial demands. Board was blocking me *hard* on paying him more than 3.1k. Because for some reason, we're now 725 bucks in the red. Whatever.

21st vs Ely (12th)
D: Anton Astley/Emanuel Otira/Paul Staniforth/Daniel Payne
M: Drew Underwood/Lewis Rolfe/Phil Creaney/Matt Dodds
AMC: Tegana James
ST: Simon Jelley

15 - Sigh. 0-1

Seems a waste of all this pace not to go for a faster tempo, so let's reverse our slow, gradual course.

90 - 0-2

Another fucking winnable game pissed away.

22nd @AFC Croydon
D: Jean Khasa/Emanuel Otira/Paul Staniforth/Gray

16 - Lot of ping-ponging in the middle of the pitch. It caps off with Rolfe intercept-heading a ball to space for Jelley, and finally we have a striker score a goal. 1-0

21 - Creaney showing why I stretched to get him! FKG! 2-0

34 - Our keeper sucks 2-1

46 - FJGDKLJNBSFGLHSGOUHSOUGHO;AUGH;OAHSGOUHGOEY9FOGYOFHGO9FYG9FYGOFGHIOUASFHGIF9G7TAS9GHASP98GA!!! FAGGOTY ASS CORNER KICKS!!!! 2-2

A game we once again should have won.

22nd vs Raunds Town (14th)
M: Anton Astley/Phil Creaney/Matt Dodds
ST: Steve O'Connor/Simon Jelley

We're finally favored, so I'm going to unveil the two striker formation.

24 - James with a great long ball to O'Connor, who dribbles into the box, where he passes off to none other than James for the easy score. I think I'm slowly starting to figure this out. We're getting overwhelmed in the midfield, so I instruct the team to play wider, and this happens. 1-0

27 - Idiot fucking keeper with the terrible fucking goal kick. A gray player would be better at this point. 1-1

31 - HNFLAHNAGHSAIOLGHOASHFOS REBOUND ABULLSHIHAOGHOSAFHGOSHAGOSGHSA 1-2

35 KLGJASHJDGLJASHLGHASLG AS1-3

FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

O'Connor gets hurt but whatever.

83 - Own goal. 2-3

90 - I'm dropping the keerps's bitch ass after this one 2-4

We lose Steve O'Connor for a month.

We're already in hock, so I go out and sign a goalie. I try to bring in Garry Shephard, but the board cancels it due to his wanting a staff position they're not willing to have.

22nd @Selby 7th
G: Niall Cooper
M: Anton Astley/Lewis Rolfe/Phil Creaney/Matt Dodds

Cooper, our new 23 year old keeper, is one of the best players at the club. Quite a change from the previous one, who was absolutely THE WORST. He's also signed through 2016.

63 - SSDD 0-1

82 - I quit. 0-2

84 - Underwood, who subbed in at ML, steals and scores. Don't care. 1-2

My job status is Insecure, so rather than go through all the hassle, I'll just resign and wait until the end of the year in May.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote