View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 PM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

At the post-season meeting, I open up by saying we should go for a top half finish again. None other than George Zuerner, the Thai midfielder who was my first signing, and the only non-English player on the team, says we should challenge for promotion. That's the mood of most of the rest of the team, too, so I say okay to that. That upsets Kevin Khan some, and really pressures Sam Klukowski, but Sam is a non-factor in our setup now anyway, and Khan is the most replaceable of our defensive center backs.

Good Yearly Trains
Kevin Khan
Peter Firth
Melvyn Ellington
Benjamin Phillips
Alex Ryan

Great to see a couple of my signings on there.

Not great - sponsorship deal drops from a combined $14.53k a year to $14k a year. Ian Edge officially retires and becomes a Scout. He played two and a half seasons with us, his most successful his last.

Future Transfer In - AMC/MC Joe Shelmerdine - 26
Not the greatest player, but still depth in the midfield and someone who can fight Joe Westwood for the starting spot next year.

Future Transfer In - GK Andrew Kemp - 27
Heads and shoulders above every other keeper on the roster, and yeah, that's a couple of veteran players being brought in, but if we're going to challenge for the title next year, we need these things.

Ugh. Scouting got turned back on. How do I turn it off permanently? We keep losing massive money when it gets turned on.

$37.22k lost last month and we'll keep losing because of the scouting issue. $103k a month on scouting. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Anyway, board is pleased.

Another $45k from the board. I keep checking scouting every single time there's a stoppage to make sure it doesn't turn back on. If it does, I have to fire my scout.

BBIAH.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote