View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #190
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Looks like some price increases at Netflix. I don't think it's worth some of the outrage I'm reading on the internet, but it's now $16/month for 1 DVD + streaming, and $20/month for 2 DVD + streaming (the latter is a $5/month increase I think).

Yup.. I was paying like idano.. $10 or $11 for unlimited streaming and 2 DVDs last summer... now it's getting a second increase and going up to $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Unless, of course, the majority of what your family is watching is catching up on random stuff primarily from cable.

Me - haven't watched anything yet except for being in the room with my kid

Son - after a few stray movies (albeit a couple of good ones), mostly a few missed eps of things like Ultimate Warrior, Billy the Exterminator, 70s Show

Wife - a few movies, otherwise mostly old TV (AbFab, Ally McBeal, 30something, etc)

At the moment (i.e. summer break) there's probably $20 of value in it for them. Once school starts back, I've got my doubts about that.

This is the problem. Outside of TV to some extent, their streaming selection still sucks. I need to look into hulu more, but I really see no way I go streaming only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Hasn't Netflix been clear that they want to get away from physical discs and into streaming, so increasing price for physical media would be in line with that? Or is the streaming-only package going up noticably as well?

See above. If they want to do that, they'd damned well better step up their game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote