View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #338
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He was a lousy candidate in soooo many respects ... yet it worked.

As President? His worse day can't possibly be any worse than the best of the past 8 years (or what the next 4 would have wrought).

Agree with the first part. Again, there isnt anything anyone could say, smug or beautifully pitch perfect, that would have turned people off him. He put himself out there, flaws and all. There was no point in highlighting them, supporters and detractors alike were aware of them.

Really we needed candidates who were not Jeb or Hillary. If the Dems hadn't thrown the primary for Hillary, Bernie very well may have won. If Biden had run he may have pulled it off, but I'm sure Hilary had a dirty playbook to attack him as well.

But I'm sorry, I just don't get the logical Trump vote. With Cruz, who I can't decide if I dislike as much or more than Trump, I can at least understand someone believing in him and his views. Trump? Who has no consistent or logical views, no experience, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has a history of fucking over the working class, with a path of business failures and bankruptcies behind him? Not even getting into his open and unapologetic views on women and minorities. It does seem like a fuck you vote, and if you vote for president just to say fuck you to someone... You are not a good American or a representation on how the system should work.

I get there are people like Jon that will vote party lines(same of course on the other side), that is what it is. That's never going to change, but that's not what decided this election.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-19-2016 at 06:37 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote