View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

FOF 6.4 Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty

Time for a new career.

STARTUP
  • Started a couple of games with default rosters, determined that KC looks like a good challenge, so starting with them.
SETTINGS
  • Injuries=100. I want to move rather quickly.
  • Cap Range: 0 to 99. What the heck? Randomness ftw!
HOUSE RULES
  • I am allowed to use only 75% of the salary cap. Best way I've found to increase the challenge in SP without having to do a bunch of other stuff.
  • Draftees must be signed to the 2nd/4th (most expensive/shortest) option. A little added difficulty, plus it helps move things along.
  • After the 1st round is over, no drafting a WR before his adjusted rating slot. I've found it just too easy to load up on very solid 55/55 type backup WRs in the later rounds. I can draft one nearly every other year. With this "reach rule," the AI at least has a shot at these guys before I get to take them.
  • No trading FOR any future first round draft picks. I'm allowed to trade my own 1st round picks away if I so choose, and I may pick up lesser future picks, but no acquiring future lottery tickets.
  • Any FA rated 45 future or better must receive a flat contract with a bonus per year of at least 75% of the amount of the Top 20 Average for that position. I didn't just pull this number out of my arse. It's derived from multiple MP leagues and I'm thinking it'll work very well for the purpose of forcing me to pay real money to guys I'm planning to use as a starter or strong backup.
I changed the last rule to...

NEW RULE FOR FAs: Any contract offered to a FA rated 45 future or better must have an average amount per year of the following percentages of the effective salary cap.

QB 4.8%
RB 3.4%
FB 1.3%
TE 1.8%
WR 4.1%
OT 3.9%
OG 2.5%
C 2.2%
P 0.8%
K 1.3%
DE 2.8%
DT 2.8%
OLB 3.2%
ILB 2.7%
CB 4.2%
S 2.7%

STATS SITE
NFL HOME

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 02-12-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote