View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
What? Really? The deal is $4m, $6m and $10m. You realize that anyone could've beaten that contract by just going over a bit more on the front part of the deal. I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I mean, it'd be different if it was some crazy high price that no one would be willing to pay. But I just don't see how a contract that guarantees the guy $10m with a $10m option is abusive. So many of us could've beaten that deal if we'd just offered a bit more.

Especially since Memphis doesn't have a history -- or really anyone left in the league -- has a history of signing guys to "big" extensions and then dropping them in the walk year unless they suck.

That's just not a problem over here. I can understand being annoyed that you didn't get him -- I thought I made a competitive offer on him too -- but...again, that contract isn't all that crazy in my opinion.
I disagree. I have no idea what I offered him... or if I offered him, but the engine is messed up, and loves options.

Im not saying Memphis is cheating... but there should be a rule that no team option can be higher than the lowest guaranteed year.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote