View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:27 AM   #24
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I find the "no sympathy" comments to be astounding. I don't expect everyone to agree with me that the death penalty should be outlawed. But I do expect any reasonable person to agree that what the kid did in this video did not deserve execution.

This seems to be the favorite form of argument in these threads, though. "If he didn't do x, then the cop wouldn't have done y". It's such a stupid argument, because you could make the y variable any punishment, no matter how severe, and it would still be true. "If he didn't disobey the officer, then his head wouldn't have been chopped off. I have no sympathy."

To me, I see a video where a kid didn't trust what the officer was doing and before getting out of the vehicle wanted to know why he was being pulled over and if he was under arrest. I don't think this warranted death nor do I think most people would expect this to lead to death. I have sympathy for the kid because he did not deserve to die. If you don't have sympathy for him, it's your right to have that opinion, but we're operating from a completely different set of moral values.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 06-17-2016 at 10:29 AM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote