View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 11:12 PM   #56
Radii
Head Coach

Week 3 Sunday Homework

Mindfulness Meditation - Did this for 15 minutes tonight. This is one of those nights where I have had one specific thing on my mind most of the day when I haven't been on autopilot or distracted, so its no suprise when my thoughts land on the same thing when I try to calm down and focus on my breathing for 15 minutes. I would say my ability to let my thoughts pass by is "mixed" tonight. Actually, maybe not, maybe its better than that. Its a set of thoughts that, if they occur outside of this meditation process, I'm going to sit on them hard and dwell a bit, or reach for a distraction. So of course in this practice I'm not going to be able to just easily let them go. But I did, each time they came up, let them go after a moment or two. So fuck it, maybe I should be proud of that instead of saying "well that's not ideal".

Breathing Space - Did this 4 or 5 times today, I spent a lot of the day gaming and chatting with friends over voice chat, and frequently between games I would get up and walk around for a couple minutes, then do this when I sat back down.

Awareness of Pleasant Events - Much like my week 1 "routine event", I took some extra time to notice my enjoyment of giving my cat attention.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote