View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #506
chesapeake
College Starter

[quote=Racer;2307726]Chesapeake,

My first question is in regards to how you responded to the plan I proposed to you when there were nine left. I was clearly playing to win and the only way my alliance was ever going to become the power alliance is if we waited until there were eight left to use the idol.

Why didn't you lie to me and say that the villagers were planning on splitting their votes and you would go with us to vote out Hoops? You could have then had the villagers switch their vote to me and avoid the possibility of someone on your tribe being taken out by my idol.

Instead, you told me you couldn't vote with us. After that I actually considered pushing SnDvls and Danny to switch their vote from Hoops to you because to quote Boston Rob and Russell, “If you're not with me, you're against me.” So again, please tell me why you decided to somewhat tell me the truth when in my opinion it would have been a far better play to lie.

Finally, I want to know if you have anything to say to Brad. It doesn't bother me one bit that you strung him along. However, I think just about everyone on the jury would agree that you turned on him before he turned on you because you never had any intention on taking him to the final 3 whereas he did even if he did technically vote for you before you voted for him.
[\quote]

Lying is almost never the best play.

Especially in a game like this. When you lie to someone, they don't give you a second chance. And they probably are going to go for you head for the rest of the game. I didn't need that.

I think you are overthinking this a little. I still wanted to have the possibility of working with you. An obvious lie kills that possibility. Plus, instead of you & the wolves going after hoops, had I lied you probably would have come after me. It doesn't surprise me one bit that you were entertaining the possibility as it was, and I was nothing but honest with you, even if I didn't bare my soul.

Lying was also a poor short-term play for me, too. Based on the intel you gave to me and what I knew from the villager pms, the options on the table were Danny/Sndvls being voted off or Hoops. The only way Hoops was gone was if 1) you gave up your idol; and 2) you gave it to the right guy. That is a pretty low percentage shot. The downside, such as it was, was losing Hoops, which, from my perspective, probably had to be done at some point anyway. We still had numbers on you and Brad's idol, which I knew about.

You are wrong about Brad. Dead wrong. Until he voted to eliminate me, I was wide open to including him in the final 3. Wide open. Not because I love him or have a man crush, however. I'll tell you why.

Only now has Autumn indicated that there will be no more challenges. I have worked under the assumption that there would be a surprise challenge pitting the final 3 against each other. I suck at challenges. But I have a heckuva lot better chance at beating Brad in a challenge than either ML or Thomkal. Unless the challenge is making a campfire and sewing 20 merit badges on a sash. I'd rule that challenge.

Darth hasn't talked to me much this game, nor have I talked to him. But heybrad and I had looked out for each other. I kept his secret about his idol, he tipped me off that you were coming after me. I encouraged Thomkal to take him to the inn, although it was ultimately Thomkal's decision. The night he turned on me, I had just sent him a message asking him about that. I was pretty sure something was up when I got no reply.

In fairness, there is no guarantee that I would have taken him to the final 3. But it was a very real possibility.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote