View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:21 AM   #517
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Maple Leafs and Thomkal,

Part of the game is being able to read the jury and know who's a threat to win and who has little or no chance. Why did you choose to take Chesapeake to the final three over Darth Villus? I understand Chesapeake was part of your alliance, but in my opinion he is a far greater threat to win the jury vote then DV. I am probably voting for him and I know of at least one other person on the jury that is probably voting for Ches as well.

DV had zero chance of getting my vote because quite honestly I am a bitter he didn't align with Heybrad and I when in my opinion it would have been in his best interest to do so. I know of at least one villager who probably wasn't going to vote for him either and I would guess he probably wasn't going to get Danny's or SnDvl's votes either.
Sorry, realized I missed this the first time through.

Jury makeup is incredibly important and was on my mind almost from day one. But the way I looked at it, keeping chesapeake around was the better jury move.

Two reasons. First, if I blindside chesapeake I lose his vote for sure. At least with Darth, I'll have a chance to make my case.

Second, and more important: In Survivor, when a strong alliance emerges and controls the game, the jury will often end up resenting it, and only way to protect against that is make sure there aren't any other options. I felt like having Darth here as an "outsider" who broke up the alliance would make him a heavy favorite.