View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #537
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Maple Leafs... You revealed your alliance to me in a PM yesterday. Did you specifically do that thinking it would help you get my vote?
The way I saw it, I had three options at that point. I could tell you I was going along with plan and then blindside you. That had a certain appeal, but it would probably cost me jury votes. I could ignore your PM, but that would make it seem like I wasn't paying attention at a crucial point in the game. Or I could just be honest: that there was astrong alliance and that you and Darth would need immunity to stay in the game.

It wasn't really a grand strategic move, it just seemed like the least bad option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Also, I guess I'd like to hear from you why I should vote for you over Chesapaeke. As I said above, it appears to me that he was left to do the dirty work. Did you figure that helped your chances with getting votes from the jury?
It's tough to explain some of the dynamics since everyone other than Autumn only ever got to see small pieces of the big picture. But I'll put it this way: chesapeake wasn't the leader of the alliance, or the mastermind. He did his share and he played a good game, but that's about it. Each of the three of us took the lead in certain situations or discussions, but I don't think there was an overall leader and it definitely wasn't chesapeake.

In your case, chesapeake spent a lot of time talking to you (which I'd seen, by the way, because I "watched" him a few times during the game to see what else he was up to). But then he'd come back to the main group, tell us what the conversation was, and then we'd move ahead with the plan.

Honestly, I don't think he was doing any dirty work beyond trying to keep you on his good side as a potential jury vote.