View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #545
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Of the three left, since anyone else is kind of inconsequential at this point.

Tough to answer. I feel I did so much in this game to guide it to where I wanted it to be, I don't know that there is another reasonable way to vote. Not that the others did nothing. Both made great contributions throughout.

Early in the game, I led the coordination so that the villagers consistently won the challenges and ended up in a dominant position over the wolves. That position was key to being able to get votes that protected my interests.

After the merge, I was the one that reached out to Racer and, even if it was not necessarily my primary intent, caused enough uncertainly on the wolf side to get him to give up the idol and got it out of the game. Racer may well have ended up in the top 3 had that not happened. I may have benefit from an unintended consequence; but it was still a consequence of work I did.

And, on the Hoops thing, I was the one that directed the votes such that our alliance looked like 2 and not 3. As Maple Leafs noted, he was reluctant to vote for Hoops, but said he would if I sided with Thomkal. I was the one that pushed him to stick with the Darth vote, specifially to hide our numbers. And I was pretty good about working it so that everyone thought I had an idol, even though I didn't. Had either not happened, Racer, heybrad and Darth almost certainly would have concentrated their votes on me and forced a tiebreaker v. Racer, the result of which couldn't possibly have ended well for me.

After that vote, the end game was simply coloring by numbers. There was no good reason for any of us to stray.

As to which of my companions I would vote for, I can make excellent cases for both. As I said, both had significant contributions and we wouldn't be in this position without the work done by each of us.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote