View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:43 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfriars Bobby View Post
It's good to see someone else with an active Football Manager dynasty. Welcome back!

Glad to be back! It's always a bit slow grinding up for Amateur sides because of all the signings that need to be done, but here I am.

None of these guys are what you would call standout signings, but all three should be starters who patch up weak areas on the squad.

vs Zuidvogels (7th)
G: Dammes Waasdorp
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Thomas van der Linden
MC: Pascal Hettinga/Amar Sedjic
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Hedzer Prins
ST: Joreilly Chirino/Derk Schut

van der Linden is training at DR and Casper is out on suspension anyway.

42 - Chirino passes right to Sedjic for the box feed to Prins. First touch cross and Ahahaoui puts it away 1-0

Chirino is out at half for Leocadio. Might be time to make that switch on a starting basis.

Robin Hoekstra and Amar Sedjic put up matching 7.4s, with the Bosnian winning PotM. Not a great win, but it's there.

@ Leerdam Sport '55 (10th)
G: Dammes Waasdorp
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Casper Van Oosterom
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Hedzer Prins
ST:Rico Leocadio/Joreilly Chirino

Injury in the last friendly took out Derk Schrut for this one, so it's our international men both up front.

22 seconds - God, I love Sedjic. He runs his ass off back to get a loose ball, then sends it right past the defender to Prins, who dribbles in and scores so fast other soccer players say DAMN! for his first Kampong score. 1-0

3 - Tesselaar throws in to Leocadio in the box. Double-team charges in, so he kicks back to Ahahaoui, who shows great skills for an old man, blistering the double team and delivering to Chirino for a practical walk-in score. 2-0

5 - Hettinga straight ahead pass to Sedjic and a perfect box feed to Prins. Cross and Ahahaoui puts it away. We're putting on a show here, folks! 3-0

Yeah, we totally coasted on that 3 goals in 5 minutes insanity, but it worked.

At the close of the transfer window, we pick up a couple more upgrades:

Bartek turned out way better than I expected, and the 22 year old Pole, who was languishing on That Unbeatable Team Atop Our Division, immediately steps in as the #1 shirt. Netjas is an immediate now upgrade at DR.

vs Roda '46 (2nd)
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Robin Hoekstra/Sefa Kurt/Arjan Netjes
AMLR: Bas Smulders/Hedzer Prins
ST:Joreilly Chirino/Derk Schut

Notice someone missing? That's right - Ahahaoui is out a month with injury, and AML is the one area we haven't really invested in depth that I should have. Oops.

50 - Folkes in for Hettinga

54 - Leocadio replaces Chirino

70 - Sedjic takes part in a triple gang tackle deep in our territory and wins it. Pass to Schut for the bomb that connects with Leocadio and he runs by the defender to slam in the go-ahead score in a dull game! 1-0

Rico Leocadio carries us to victory with his 8.1 sub showing, the only one worthy of note in this ugly, ugly win. Still, 3 points is 3 points.

My name is coming up for a lot of job openings, but you know that never, ever goes well.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote