View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 11:59 PM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Some things write themselves. So far I don't even have to work at this.

Har har. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
For a guy named Netjes (neat), he sure doesn't live up to his name.

brb naming him Arjan "Pigpen" Netjes. Thanks for the translations and commentary by the way.

Who had Joreilly Chirino not only leading us in goals scored, but the entire league? If you said you, you're a damned liar. Amar Sedjic, the Bosnian brilliant boy, was just as stellar as I predicted. Love that kid.

Strong season overall by our squad. There's definitely areas for improvement, however. I'm still not sold on Sefa Kurt as Robin Hoekstra's DC partner, and Pigpen Netjes didn't wow me at DR, either.

Pascal Hettinga was decent as Amar Sedjic's running mate at MC, but not astounding. We need depth on the wing spots, too, especially since...

Achmed Ahahaoui wants to move to a bigger club I mean, he's a grown ass man, and at 32, he deserves the right to spend his last couple star years elsewhere if he wants.

Wow, talk about lopsided! Amar Sedjic got robbed.

We, along with most of the clubs in the division, turn semi-pro. We also move into a 2,900+ seat stadium, but that's just a temporary relocation, because this jaw-dropping news hits:

So initially the board dicks me around by offering a one year, $5.5k deal that would make me the second-lowest paid manager in the league. How about no? We settle on $10.5k instead, which should put me around second or third, depending on how the other contracts shake out.

Only PPA deals on offer, but we nonetheless secure:

Hedzer Prins: $70 PPA
Bartek Pakiela: $70 PPA
Brian-Paul Tesselaar: $80 PPA

Amar Sedjic wants nothing to do with us Says we're not strong enough to be considered. YOU'RE KILLING ME, SMALLS!

BTW, we have a $240k budget and $13.25k transfer spending allowance. To be honest, most of these guys I really don't care whether we keep them or not.

Transfer In - DC/DM Patrick Ozinga (21)
10 Marking, 11 Tackling, 13 Bravery and Jumping Reach, 11 Decisions and Positioning. Really good looking kid. $75 PPA and immediately our top defender on paper.

Transfer In - AML Siebren Visscher (25) - From SC Genemuiden
Got just 1 appearance last year for a club on the level up and was mad. We snuck him in before turning semipro so he's here on an Amateur deal. 11s and 14s in every relevant category. Is he Achmed Ahahaoui? No, but he's good.

Two impact signings follow - one for $100 P/A, the other for $120 P/A.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it - Gokhan is going to be amazing here. He scored 22 goals at the lower level last year and he'll be worth the $100 we pay him each time he's on the field. I'm less sure about Moreno and his pricey $120 appearance fee, but he'll slot in at AMR and we'll see how the youngster goes.

Projected wage bill: $26.5k + my 10.5k = $37k and I think I want to hold the line on that unless somebody *really* jumps out at me or unless we start getting defections.

We smashed open the piggy bank to get these kids - $190 PPA and $140 PPA respectively. But Hennos I desperately wanted after seeing him at the Dutch Trialist game and it took every single euro the board allowed to lure him in.

Amar Sedjic leaves for a team just one level up - Rijsoord. They're now my mortal enemy unless they want to hire me.

Picked for third. Board only wants mid-table again, but expects a Third Round appearance in the Dutch Cup. Um, k.

We got our asses handed to us all friendly season long, going on the road for money like dirty, dirty lowest tier whores.

@ ARC
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Ertunc Yildirim/Patrick Ozinga/Hennos Asmalash
MC: Max Oostenrijk/Pascal Hettinga
AMLR: Achmed Ahahaoui/Moreno Doekhi
ST: Derk Schut/Gokhan Pala

Welp, let's see how this group does.

10 - Not a single fucking person covered the wing 0-1

53 - And Paul-Tesselaar gives up the PK 0-2

78 - Tesselaar spends a long time dribbling around the field before finally hitting back to Ozinga for the ball forward to Prins, who came in at AMR along with Chirino at ST earlier. Box feed to Schut, still team captain, and we get one back. 1-2

TWICE Joreilly Chirino had easy shots and blew them both. We could have come back and won this game. I'll hold my hand up and say this one's my fault, however. I've very quickly realized the experiment of Ertunc Yildirim at DC isn't going to work and Moreno Doekhi is wholly unsuited to AMR due to Runs Down the Left Flank preferred move.

Good news is, our division has expanded from 11 to 15 teams (why I have no damn clue), so instead of 20 games, we have 28, and thus more time to figure things out.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote