View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #370
QuikSand
lolzcat

Heading into late free agency, here's the BenBot assessment of our "roster needs." In general, this is a GREAT tool to have handy, especially if you're trying to manage multiple rosters (and even more so if two are based on the same NFL franchise).

My caveat is: I'm more willing to live with good-fit 38/38 guys than Ben is. Part of that is my chem reliance, but part is that his line between usable/useless is higher than mine, since he can draft a 45/45 guy in the 6th round, and I certainly cannot count on doing so.

Here's the page: GML: Baltimore Ravens 2095

My immediate takeaways:
-I'm short on mentors in places where I have real young talent
-We don't have much in the "excess talent" column, no shock
-I am counting on a few, but not a ton, of guys Ben says stink

I have put up a trade block, in hopes of dealing away LB Lofton, who wants a king's ransom to re-sign.

Our WR situation is messy - we are deep with WR2/WR3 caliber guys for a good team, but really lack a WR1 guy. Gaines, Eschbach, and Everett are all getting paid, while 4th year guy Sierra was a high-sal-no-risk signing who looks good enough to compete for targets. I would much rather have one 75/75 guy than this mess, but so it goes.

Without LB Lofton, I don't know if our entire defense loses a click and becomes merely average, and whether that even matters in this game.

Chem-wise, we will be moving RB Soward over to play at WR and anchor the chem for that group, and will find someone to plug in for the paltry RB2 duties behind our workhorse. Soward will be the long term WR leader, and Sullivan can step in to lead the RB group with his 91 personality (and Wells's low leadership). With grumpy T Joe Bates suddenly super-happy about playing time again (after a dumb-ass release and re-sign because reasons) we are basically all set with chemistry on the offensive side for the next few seasons. Once T Bates retires, I should have a couple of decent but not great OL options.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote