View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 11:15 AM   #130
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Wait, what? Is everyone in the Top 5 who isn't Biden going to be called mirror Sanders now?
1. She supports Sanders' Medicare for All bill (provide every American with health insurance through Medicare while eliminating private insurers and virtually eliminating co-pays and deductibles)

2. Harris has signed on to Sen. Bernie Sanders' College For All Act, which would waive tuition for all students attending public colleges and universities whose families make $125,000 a year or less.

3. Both signed on to the Green New Deal plan and have similar views on climate control.

4. They have the same views on decriminalizing drug offenses, gun control, abortion and most social issues.

5. They both have the same stance on immigration, afghan war and trade.

5. They voted the same on 93% of votes (including all 39 major votes)

I'd be interested in hearing any legit differences Harris has from Sanders because I haven't found one yet. Even on taxes, both want to repeal Trump's plan and come up with a lower/middle income tax (under 60K) and phase out any benefits for people making over 100K (which I guess qualifies as "rich" now). Outside of maybe Warren, I can't think of another candidate closer to Sanders' stances on the issues than Harris.

Last edited by Arles : 06-28-2019 at 11:23 AM.