View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #377
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, yay, we have $115m in cap space to spend! Sounds like a shopping spree. Let's break that down a bit first, though.

Game says we need $27 for our draft picks, I'll round that down to $25m, as their number is frequently too high.

$95...

Now, I will want to re-sign WR Soward, who is my chem leader for the group. He's awful, naturally, after the RB-to-WR switch, but the game sees that he has starts under his belt, so he'll cost us $5m, easily.

$90...

Honestly, no other restricted guys are on the table. So, on to must-do extensions for walk-year guys:

11th yr LT Tatum will cost $20
4th year CB Hardin will cost $5
4th year DT Heath will cost $4
7th year WR Everett will cost $10
6th year S Littlejohn will cost $2
10th year TE Ristic will cost $10
8th year C Hucke will cost $10
7th year LB Wicks will cost $8

...so if we extend all these current guys at this expected prices, we are sitting on $21m of usable cap space. Realistically, that list was built by a sort of ratings... so I am unlikely to actually cut that deal with the bottom three, and I'll just let them walk into free agency. So, let's put our resulting number more like:

$50 million

Now, the matter of RB Wells. He looks like he will command at least $40m for three years. 8th year guy, he's due to drop massively in ratings, right? But the last two years have been fabulously productive, and he's a chem plus cohesion asset for us now. I have no candidate on the roster to step in, so losing him would force our hand with an early draft pick or another big money free agent. Seems like signing him makes sense... ugh.

In other words... we're broke.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-30-2019 at 08:54 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote