View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 08:24 PM   #65
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I am mostly done Oathbringer, which is the 3rd (and most recent) of the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson. I love how each book "features" one of the main characters. There's a spattering of backstory that gets thrown in every few chapters, and it fills in the gaps of the character's motivation and how they got there. I'd say this is my favorite series of the past 10 years for sure. I'll have to read the complete series before I can place it beyond that.

The Patrick Rothfuss series had a fantastic start. The Name of the Wind is one of the greatest fantasy books I"ve ever read. However, the 2nd book wasn't nearly as good. It just lost the sense of wonder that made the 1st book special. It was still good, but didn't really progress much beyond that.

I'm also listening to the Wheel of Time and SOIAF via audiobooks. I've never passed the 8th book in the Robert Jordan series, I'm currently on book 3 and I plan on getting to the end. With ASOIAF, I've read the books already and watched the show twice, so going through the audiobooks is kind of like coming home. I'm really enjoying it. The show helped me to understand some of the characters, and now that I'm re-experiencing it, I'm enjoying some of the character arcs a LOT more than I did the first time around. Too bad we'll most likely never get to see the true ending, and will probably have to settle with the TV show as our ending.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote