View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 05:51 PM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We won the state title yesterday. We ended up with one point short of tying the girls state record for points at state. I forgot I didn't update the districts list, we ultimately qualified 7 players to state -- a team record. I was named district coach of the year, too. Which is pretty wild.

Our top doubles team was upset in the quarterfinals by a team that was scrappy and disruptive. Our girls unfortunately played their worst tennis of the year. Still they're be back another year.

We ended up with a state finalist, two semi-finalists, 4 quarterfinalists and our 2nd doubles qualifiers lost in the first round before winning the consolation bracket.

It was fairly anti-climactic heading into the last day, as we'd already sewn up the state title (thankfully) thanks to an upset that happened in the 1st round to our rivals, otherwise...they could have made it interesting.

Next season if I were to do it, would be super interesting. Without the big 3, it'll be up to the players left to figure out how to fill the gaps. I think they can do it, but it'll be a huge difference than what we've had the past few years. Maybe easier in some ways at least to build a team, but I'm not worried about that right now.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-22-2022 at 05:51 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote