View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #362
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I guess Jones is a nice addition, but this fan is quite upset about the Augusto trade.

You're not alone, either in the readership or in the story world in being quite upset.

I've been going over this trade a lot in the last few hours as I went for a smoke, lunch and a walk. I know a lot of people think and are going to think I'm absolute nuts for making this trade.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm happy with having made it. I've always wanted Jones and Suker on the team, this moves 50 Ninja back to SF where he's much more effective than at C and I really think Vinson's going to surprise a lot of people. Will he make anyone forget about Augusto? No. But I think he has the ability to become maybe become a star in his own right.

And remember, Augusto wasn't happy about not being the clear-cut #1 option on the team and was jealous about Yeaton's popularity with the front office, me especially. He also felt robbed of the Finals MVP, which went to Yeaton again. He wanted out and I gave him his wish, getting what I think is a good deal in return.

Absolute equal value? Well, no. There's no getting equal value for a 22 year old franchise player who just won his first scoring title and who plays solid defense, is a fan favorite, and doesn't care at all how much he makes.

But keep in mind that even with him, we -barely- defended our title. I feel like we're a lot more balanced team now with Jones. Also, a few readers thought I screwed up when I traded Buboltz for Yeaton back before the 2013 season and I think that turned out okay.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote