View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:33 PM   #1646
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo
Lickety, Lickety, Zoo Zoo
Who, Wah, Wah, Who
Give 'em Hell, TCU!

With that out of the way, I wish I could honestly slam all the "TCU gonna get trucked" talk, but I can't. Wouldn't shock me if they lost by 20 or more.

However, they deserve to be in. Always get a blowout- often two- in the semifinal games anyway. There just aren't usually 4 great teams in a year.

I grew up in Ft. Worth and I'm old. From 1960-1997 (Pre Dennis Franchione/Gary Patterson) We were in a total of 3 bowl games (lost all 3). Had a grand total of 7 winning seasons (four with 6 wins, only one with as many as 8, never two years in a row). That's a lot of shitty teams, and I was at many, many of the games (when I was a little kid, we didn't even watch the game. Kids would throw a ball around on a hill outside the stadium.)

So, I'm just really psyched (not to mention shocked) that this team, mostly the same that was 5-7 last year and lost a number of our best players to the portal, is in this position. So it's awesome for me to be in the playoffs knowing we are the first Texas school ever in it.

Fear the Frog... at least until Dec 31!!