View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #382
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I am tempted by the YouTube tv as opposed to an antenna and sling tv services. Has anyone signed up for either and give an opinion?

I just switched from Sling to YouTube TV.

I was generally happy with Sling, but I live in a remote enough area where only an outdoor antenna will pick up local channels/networks. So, YouTube carrying three of our four main locals was a huge factor, as Sling carries none. Also carries a few other (mostly sports-related) channels that I've been wanting that Sling lacks. Its performance has been excellent for me using Rokus. Virtually no buffering, quality video.

The main cons: while Sling's DVR costs $5 extra and is limited to 50 hours and YTTV's is unlimited (for nine months), be aware that many channels on YTTV force you to watch the Video-On-Demand version of things you "record," if they exist. Which means commercials you can't skip. Not all channels do this but many do, including, I believe, all networks except ABC. I find that I can live with it because it's part of the deal of getting so much for $40 a month, but it can be annoying.

Other con is that Sling has NFL Network/Red Zone and, thus far, YTTV does not. Remains to be seen if they're waiting to add them for football season.

I've found that all of these services are missing a couple of channels/features that I want, and it's just a matter of your priorities as to what you can live with.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote