View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #164
MarkBGregory
n00b

Some advice on the following issue from other gamers would be much appreciated.

Basic question: when do you stop playing your players in both singles and doubles tournaments, and start focusing them on just singles?

Example 1: I have a few players starting to make waves in GW2 and GW12. The most notable, simply because he's the oldest, is Juan Jose Elezgueta in GW2. At 21y35w, he has 4.5 Skill and 3.5 Serve. His aging factor is 105%, so he's already down to 99% - already declining as a player. He's currently ranked 76th in the world, going into Wimbledon in Week 27 next week. He defeated the world #14 Aniceto Lopezcastro in the Rome Masters a few weeks back. So far, I've continued to play him in both Singles and Doubles in all tournaments, simply to keep maximising experience each week. But when should I start focusing just on singles? When he gets in the top 32, or sooner?

Example 2: On GW12, I have a player hitting similar levels as Elezgueta, only sooner. Anton Barth is 19y41w as we head towards the end of another game year. Graduated from junior level last year. He has 4.3 Skill and 3.4 Serve. Again, aging factor 105%, which is a pain. Currently ranked 128th, but reached the second round of Wimbledon through qualifying and has two CH2 titles already this year, as well as a host of Futures. With a new year coming up, should I make the choice to try and get him further up the rankings, or should I continue to prioritise experience for another couple of years?

Last edited by MarkBGregory : 04-07-2016 at 04:21 PM.
MarkBGregory is offline   Reply With Quote