View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #385
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And I want a diversity of viewpoints in leadership. Y'all do realize that this means that if the Chair is a young black female, this allows for the Vice Chairs to be a) male, b) white, and c) older, right?

FWIW, that means that the Second Vice Chair is currently required to be white, since the chair is a black man. I would like have a white person as Vice Chair for his diversity of views.

I get it, however, this does not guarantee diversity of viewpoints, nor is this the role that way to develop policy. If I am sick, and there is a team of doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me, I do not care that we get diversity of opinions, I want the right solution. My concern is do they know what they need to do to get the information they need to diagnose the ailment, and the proper course of treatment.

A black female that went to Harvard and a white male that went to Yale have a lot more in common than a black female that went to Harvard and a black female drop out from downtown Charleston.

I do not understand it, but maybe it is me. As a salesman, I have to promote my company (political party) to my customer (my constituents), but I also need to represent my customer to my company. Sometimes, I need to take a customer's problem (societal issue) to my company and we need to determine a solution (course of action). I often have to guide the company's proposals based upon the knowledge of my customer's needs. This is achieved by listening, not by having the same background as the customer, but listening to the customer.

EDIT: Part of the problem the Democrats had in this election is because they are not working hard. They figured they had a woman at the top of the ticket, they had other minorities around her, and assumed that that would be enough. You have to listen and you have to get things done.

Last edited by Warhammer : 11-21-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote