View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #214
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
It may not be all about money, but the fact remains that the Cavs can pay LeBron more than anyone else. If he does leave, I'd be surprised if it isn't a sign-and-trade. Having said that, I still don't think he leaves Cleveland.

I personally hope, outside of my pro-Cavs bias, that he doesn't because half the league (ok, slight exaggeration) shouldn't be rewarded for essentially tanking in the hope that they'll get LeBron/Bosh/whoever.

NBA teams have always been rewarded for tanking it. How do you think the Nuggets and Cavs tied for the worst record the year of the Lebron draft? They tanked it, won as few of games as possible.

As for the sign and trade, who does that benefit? The Cavs. That's it. Lebron can get some more money in an S&T, but Lebron wouldn't agree to go to the Knicks and have them trade Gallarni or the Nets and have them trade Lopez. He'll want the most available talent around him as possible. If Lebron leaves Cleveland, the Cavs are left high and dry.

Celtics with another blowout. Nuggets with a blowout as well. (though they played pretty poorly)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote