View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 AM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off with a spectacular start. 14-2 lead a few minutes into the quarter. Cowen is scoring every time down the court.

They start trying to double him and he finds open men for easy baskets. Embiid in particular gets a few dunks on great dimes.

Up 22-6.

Our defense gets tired later in the quarter but I keep our starters in because their offense is on fire.

At the end of 1, we are up 38-20.

Cowen with a truly epic quarter. 12 points, 10 assists, and only 1 turnover in the quarter.

Butler and Embiid each have 10 points.

Wow. We go ice cold to start the 2nd and I rest my starters and the Pacers claw their way back into it. Hibbert plays major minutes in the 2nd and locks down the paint. Their defense is known as 1 of the best in the league and they look it in the 2nd quarter.

Cowen comes back with 3 minutes to go. We are tied at 46. He is ice cold now. What a tale of 2 quarters.

We lead 50-48 at the half.

Cowen leads us with 16 points, 11 assists.

Robinson leads the team with 9 boards.

The 3rd quarter is a slug fest as Cowen can't get it going again. We are fighting for every point against their tough defense.

Down 76-75 at the end of 3. Clark in for some offense.

6:10 - Clark is a scoring machine but he is getting torched by Gerald Henderson. Still, we are tied at 88 as I bring back a rested Cowen, a rested Butler, and a rested Embiid. Twin tower defense time with Noel at PF.

George has been torching us and Embiid hits him hard with a flagrant foul. That gives them a 94-93 lead and the ball.

Cowen gets a steal and is fouled on the fast break.

Cowen and George trading shots. Cowen setting up guys for baskets and George making some impressive shots...

After Robinson finally forces a George miss, Cowen gets the break... dunks it and is fouled by Allen! 106-102 lead. 1:40 left.

Cowen with a drive and he gets a 6th foul on George who fouls out with 38 points... We lead 108-102 after Cowen makes both FT's.

They keep coming at us as Collison hits a 3.

We are up 110-107 after a Cowen floater and then another basket by them.

They have to foul and we get it to Cowen who makes both FT's to give us a 5 point lead again.

We win 114-107. Not the blowout I was expecting after that incredible 1st quarter by Cowen, but I'll take it.

Cowen is the player of the game with 31 points, 16 assists, 4 boards, 7 turnovers (got very sloppy in the 3rd). He shot 10 of 17, 1 of 2, and 10 of 11 from the line.

Butler with 23 points and 3 steals as he has had a resurgence.

Robinson becoming a very good rookie contributor with 16 points, 9 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals.

Embiid with 14 points, 14 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 13.

Noel with 11 points, 7 boards, and a block.

Perkins with 10 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 9 and 2 of 4 from the arc.

Clark with 7 points but he was giving up lots of points. He had a zero plus/minus.

Turner with 5 boards and 3 assists. He had a team worst -6 plus/minus.

Butler had a team best +17 and his defense is a good part of this team. He played 38 minutes tonight and he is earning his time.

George led them with 38 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 14 of 25, 4 of 7 from the arc, and 6 of 6 from the line.

Collison added 17 points and 5 assists but he shot 6 of 19.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote