View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:31 AM   #39
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was the one who brought the concern to Blade and Bek. This was after 3 players said something about it to me. Blade has always been an instinctive player, and a very good one at that. However as hoops has alluded to even beyond the first small game, there had been reason to suspect at the minimum that Blade and Bek succumbed to the very human instinct amongst friends to talk about the game. I know that Lathum and saldana sometimes avoid talking to each other at all during games just to make sure they don't inadvertently say something about WW they shouldn't.

In many ways I'm glad to see that the poll is so slanted towards Blade and am happy to see this be a community decision.
At a minimum Bek is back. I think it's far more likely that our new friend Lax is Blade. When Bek reappeared signing up for the game last night, I deleted the posts hoping it would go away. Bek contacted me and after some discussion I told him to create a new name, in hopes that the return would be discreet. The return has been anything but discreet.

I would have liked to have seen an actual apology and an acceptance that cheating occurred. What I got was a tacit admission, hardly the remorse that this situation deserves. Much to my own disappointment our community didn't see this originally for the travesty that it was. And as a result I wimped out and posted the above, trying to mitigate it in someway by not doing my moderator routine. This in no way reflected my opinion at the time. I sincerely regret making that post. What Blade did deserved stronger condemnation from me than it received.

That said we're 14 months past. People deserve second chances, just as our game deserves integrity and honesty. If you don't want to let Lax/Blade play in your games, fine. I don't blame you. Why have the specter of cheating hanging over it? If you believe that people deserve second chances? Well that's the side I came down on. No more than one of the Blade/Bek/Lax trio should play in an a game, but one of them certainly can if the GM is alright with it. I hope that my faith in the goodness of the people who want to play this game, even if it has failed in the past, will be rewarded now.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly Werewolf Moderator

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-15-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote