View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 PM   #236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Karlsson re-signs with the Sharks for a reported 8-year, $11+ million per year deal.

I am completely torn on this. It needed to happen to keep the Cup window open, but good lord that's a lot of scratch for an oft-injured defenseman. It also seems likely to end Pavelski's tenure in San Jose. And he's been my favorite Shark for a long, long time.

Ducks made this sort of decision when they brought on Kesler and already had Perry and Getzlaf on big deals. It absolutely had to happen for the Cup window and the Ducks had several years at or near the top of the Pacific. But they kept failing in the playoffs, like versus the Hawks and Preds in the conference finals. And now they're paying for it. Those guys are all hurt and old and the Ducks are trying to navigate back to playoff contention.

So I hope it goes better for the Sharks than it did for the Ducks. Well, no not really, I can't stand the Sharks. But I hope for your sake it does.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote