View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

My players will begin learning these tactics during the pre-season. I'll also begin the process of finding players with the skills required to play the style of football I'm going to implement at Deepdale.

4-1-2-2-1

I read in several places that the best way to build a tactic is to start from the back, setting my defensive line first, and move forward. I'm playing two
"basic" center backs with a defensive midfielder in front of them, which will hopefully create a solid defensive shield. I'm asking a lot of the left and right backs, and I might have to give one of them a less physically demanding duty.

I like the fact that this formation will provide lots of runners who can attack the box from deep positions or from the flanks. I envision the striker, playing as a False Nine, dropping back, while the Inside Forwards cut into the middle of the pitch.

I'm a little concerned about how the midfielders will make use of space. I don't want the Defensive Midfielder and the Deep Lying Playmaker to get in each other's way, and I don't want the False Nine and the attacking Central Midfielder to compete for space, either. I might have to give some of the players individual instructions, something I've almost never done.

4-2-3-1

I'll use this formation when I want to play a pressing game. I only have one goalkeeper in my senior team, so I'll need to bring one in. I'll look for someone who can handle the Sweeper Keeper role. I have one attacking player and one supporting player on each flank.

I have a decent player for the Box-to-Box Midfielder role, but he's also the best choice for the Shadow Striker. I'll need to find someone who's well-suited for one of those tasks.

My best striker is a beast of a man who can handle the Advanced Forward role.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote