View Single Post
Old 11-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #32
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My son is 12 and has been begging for Discord and I have been fighting it. Seems like a lot of you have kids that age who have it. What made you ok with it?

Most of the kids my son talked to on Discord were kids he knew through gaming or sports. For him, Discord was just an off shoot for the gaming chat more often than not. Every so often, he would have issues with someone who was problematic but he has always been good about blocking people or logging off if they become overbearing. When I set it up for him initially, I blocked anything not sent to him by a friend and blocked all DMs.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote