View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #8171
Edward64
Head Coach

I like his approach. This would imply some sort of vaccination passport which I'm supportive of. I can see manned kiosks at malls or bar-scanner-like at restaurants or TSA-like-verification for air travel etc.

But I'm not convince all of those will move the dial significantly. Instead, maybe require vaccination to enter a stadium (basketball, baseball, football, NASCAR etc.) or enter school/college (vs remote learning).

The French Rush For Vaccines After They're Told They'll Need Them To Go To Cafes : Coronavirus Updates : NPR
Quote:
A record number of French citizens booked vaccine shots Monday after French President Emmanuel Macron said that starting in August, anyone who wants to visit cafes, bars or shopping centers must show a "health pass" that certifies they've been vaccinated or recently tested negative for the coronavirus.

"Get vaccinated!" the president said in a live address to the nation, warning of a new coronavirus surge fueled by the fast-spreading delta variant.

Many French people got the message loud and clear. On Monday, 926,000 people booked their first dose through the online medical platform Doctolib — "an absolute record," the site says. Hundreds of thousands more have continued to book slots on Tuesday.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote