View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 07:22 AM   #8177
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I don't know how accurate it is, but I imagine most ant-vaxxers are vaccinated themselves. I also imagine that a fair number of them are simply some flavor of sociopath/narcissist willing to take any excuse not to take their kids to the doctor. If/how that also applies to the GOP is up for debate.

The biggest anti-vaxx trope not incidentily is "i am not anti-vaccine, but ...". It's the "i know many XYZ people" of the antivaxx-movement. There is a reason why the rally behind people who were previously in favour of vaccinationions, but then went on to make a living out of misinterpreting and mixing/matching other peoples studies.
Most prominent right now is a canadian researcher who worked on a Covid19 vaccine, but now (after it not being close to relevant) has 'discovered' how the mRNA ones really are toxic. By taking 2 studies and wildly misrepresenting them, then putting them together for an argument. Study 1 measured that indeed Spike Proteins can accumulate in organs (when given in wildly charged up amounts beyond anything anybody would ever encounter, essentially a proof of concept animal study), Study 2 measured miniscule amount many ten thousand times lower in the blood of Moderna recipients before disapearing after a couple days, essentially a proof of concept study showing how the vaccine indeed first gets the body to build small amounts of the spike protein (most of which does not enter the blood stream) and then dissolves it quickly. Result ? The studies prove that high amounts of spike protein are in the blood, thus it is expected they cause a lot of damage because we know (actually more like suspect) that's how it works with the virus.

Between this and the batshit crazy "inventor of mRNA vaccinations" (whose wife literally runs around writing "woe is me" pieces bemoaning his lack of regognition as "the inventor" and apparently even managed to be stupid enough to use her wikipedia account under her maiden name to promote him before being blocked) i'm not sure who gets first price right now in this particular category.

Expect both to feature heavily in Republican arguments.

If it weren't so serious, these circles could be immensely entertaining.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-14-2021 at 07:24 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote