View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #8195
whomario
Pro Starter

Why are Natural Scientists so terrible at messaging ? And why are they the ones doing it ? And does nobody coach them ?

Patrick Vallance (UK Chief Scientific adviser) not only bungled the numbers, instead of 60% unvaccinated in Hospital said 60% vaccinated, it also is utterly useless and only creates unneeded confusion. I know instinct is to dumb it down to 1 number, but that number is nonsensical.

I mean, take the same 2 'groups' (fully vaccinated/everybody else) without any vaccine and the former would be expected to make up 95% of hospitalisations and at a much higher total due to pretty much 95% of 50 (or 40 ?) and older and propably most of the younger ones with chronic conditions already being double vaxxed. The fact they make up at most (since it includes single vaxed), 40% is an amazingly small number. Yet when you say it like that people think "wow, that's a lot" and you gotta hope Media outlets do the explaining you should have done.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-19-2021 at 03:51 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote