View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #61
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Transfer Market Plans

My goal is to build a great team piece by piece. I feel that we have solid players for the future in place at DL in Renato Gaucho, two excellent centre mids in Andrea Rocca and Frantisek Kroulik, a great young MR in Gianluca Bolis and three really good strikers.

One weakness that will soon be rectified is my right fullback situation. About a month back, I made a Bosman signing that will see 21 year old Algerian international Salim Loucif join Dover on July 1st. I somehow was able to steal Loucif from Olympique Lyonnais for absolutely nothing. My scouts LOVE him - he's rated 3.5/4.5 right now and has some very impressive ratings (tackling 17; anticipation 15; concentration 16; creativity 16; determination 12; influence 16; positioning 15; teamwork 19; work rate 17; accel 16; agility 17; balance 15; pace 15; stamina 18). Looks VERY good. My only issue is that he doesn't speak English yet - I'll likely look at bringing in at least one other French speaking/English speaking player to help his transition.

At this point, my biggest goal is to improve the middle of our defense. We have three capable DC's in vice-captain Luke McCullough, veteran Oliver Nicholas and Lukas Stetina but we need at least one stud at the back...maybe even two.

My next biggest weakness is at left wing/ML - I'm convinced I still need to find an absolutely elite striker if I'm to get to continental play - if I do find someone, I'll likely look to move one of my current top three of Gesios, Bardi or Escobar, simply because they will not get the playing time they need.

I may also look to improve the GK position - Fabianski isn't getting any younger and Wilke, while excellent, isn't a star at this level.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-21-2013 at 01:01 AM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote