View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #620
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Well, to be blunt, England has had a huge problem with massacres too. Public places, transportation and events instead of schools. For decades it has been an issue. Just last year there were 5 major attacks in UK, this is despite, as I understand it, basically eliminating the right to privacy in public places.

Yes, Europe is a favoured target for islamic extremists and has big issues keeping controll of this. But what exactly does that have to do with the price of butter with regard to the issue at hand ?

EDIT: I saw you responded while i was typing, so i cut come of my comments but left the above for context.

The issue here isn't the risk of being in public places or the ability (or inability) to protect them, no matter how desperately Trump and a portion of the american public (and people whose livelihood depends on people wanting guns) want exactly this to be the issue.

Heck: The issue shouldn't even have to be school shooting. As tragic as they are, they represent only a tiny percentage of Gun deaths. The issue ought to be that every year about 30000 people are killed or kill themselves with a Gun. Since 1968 more people have died on US soild due to Guns (homicide, accident or suicide) than US Soldiers have died fighting in all wars combined going back to the revolutionary war and including the Civil War and both WWs : More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all U.S. wars, columnist Nicholas Kristof writes | PunditFact

Within 2 years over this period more people will have died from guns in the US than did die in the entire Vietnam War.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 03-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote