View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:27 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Say hello to:

Livertaker, Ghoul

Levels up:

Skinthinner, Level 3 Ghoul – Tosses a 10. I can take +1 movement, +1 armor or any normal skill, but not doubles. Now there are a few people you take +1 movement for. On this team, really only a Flesh Golem makes sense. There are very, very small numbers of players you take + armor value for. Would the Ghoul be one? Well, let’s drill down into the math a bit.

AV 8 – With an AV 8, like my Wights, WWs, and Zombies, you only break armor on a 9 or higher when you fall. This includes failed dodges, GFis, and tackles. You have about a 28% chance. And that breaking could be anything from stunned, knocked out, or injured.

AV 7 – Your chance of tossing an 8 precisely is 13.88%. That brings you from 28 to 42. That’s a big jump in probability. That’s why I don’t like Ghouls much.

Do you take a +AV on a Ghoul? Well remember you still have a decided lack of regeneration and apothecaries, so you still have nothing to come back from. So here’s question? Would I treat a Ghoul with AV8 any differently than one with AV7? Would I shift it’s roles any. I really wouldn’t. So why waste a skill level for it then?

Only Ghouls and WWs have access to agility skills without tossing a double. Now typically Ghouls play a few roles on my team, and after they get block and dodge on level 2, I give them something like Sure Hands or an agility skill like Side Step or Catch. Side Step is perfect because I choose to space to go to when I am blocked, and I can choose any I’m adjacent to rather than one of the three, so you can use it to pop free after a push back or something.

One of the roles I often like to develop is my other Ghoul into a safety ball grabber, who I only play typically on defense, with wrestle or block and strip ball and tackle. One ball carrier and one safety. But right now I need the Star points for my peoples, and Ghouls can be such a star point hog, given how vulnerable they are, so for now, I‘m not mining the “I score the ball” route. I’m going with Side Step instead.

Fritzfagor, Zombie, level 2 – Kick

Bok, Flesh Golem, level 2 – Wow!

I just got another 11. Do I want to make both of my Flesh Golems now have +1 Agi? Nah. One is enough. Block instead.

We now have a TV (team value) of 1700!

We’ll be getting close to Spiraling Expenses soon.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote