View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #301
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-7-14, 22nd) at Wrexham (10-10-5, 10th)

We're probably gonna get our butt kicked again. They're 1:6 faves, we're 10-1 dogs at The Glyndwr University Racecourse Stadium. First meeting they only beat us 1-0 at our place .. but that was before we figured out that we kinda suck. Going to try something different, since I expect this isn't going to go well no matter what, we'll open 4-5-1 Defensive, see what happens.

GK: Knight
D: Giddings, Jones, Antwi, Sinclair
MF: Phillips, Matondo, Wedderburn, Morrison, Vipond
F: Mole
Bench: (Slaughter, Whitaker, Armstrong, Groves, Dovey)

Halftime: Wrexham 2 - Blyth 0
Gave up a goal at 15' after an unstoppable touch pass in the box off a corner
Gave up another at 19' as Knight was late to react to a header off a corner

Outshot 11-2 in spite of having 53% of poss. We can't seem to win anything in the air & it's killing us offensively, we just can't get that one more pass we need to get a chance. We've pushed Matondo up to more of an AMC role, trying to get some help there. Otherwise we don't actually look terrible in this configuration, ratings not withstanding.

Fulltime Wrexham 3 - Blyth 0
Mole hits the crossbar with a lob 1-on-1 at 71'
Cieslewicz banks in a shot off the far post at 77'

We just didn't have any answer for a team that is simply better than us. They tackle well, they dominated the air, outshot us 16-5.

Knight 6.4
Giddings 6.1, Jones 6.9, Antwi 6.1, Sinclair 6.3
Phillips 5.9, Matondo 5.9, Wedderburn 5.6, Morrison 6.7, Vipond 6.8
Mole 6.6
Subs: Slaughter ('65 for Giddings) 6.4, Whitaker ('65 for Matondo) 6.4

Jan 8, 2013 (postmatch)
The loss keeps us in 22nd place but we're now at least 4 points from climbing out of the drop zone.

Physio tells us that Giddings twisted knee, which he gamely played through, is bad enough that he's going to be out 3-4 weeks for treatment. That hurts, he's become a regular rotation with Kulsten at LD/LWB.