View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #423
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

August 25, 2013
Always a team player, Trevor Mutero decides to complain to the national press about wanting first team action and "what he can bring to the table". Hey dipshit, in 2 starts you're a 6.4 and only a 6.6 in friendlies against minnows.
----

Sheffield United have picked up young striker Adam Drury from our reserves on a free as he was out of contract. We'll get $8k in compensation as part of the deal. We had picked him up last October, never threatened to see first team action & wasn't a major standout for our U18s. Good luck kid, the cash is probably just as valuable to me right now.
----

August 26, 2013
We've reached agreement with LD Alex Donald, for $110 p.a. The 18 y/o had been in on trial and looked good enough to keep around.
----

Jonson Clarke-Harris reminds me that I promised to let him leave during the transfer window. That's well, fine, and good ... except that nobody is interested in him. We'll offer him around again.
----

MF Gregory Ariyibi has completed his trial & left the club. His inability to play anything other than a wide attacking MF role limited his usefulness to us.
----

Aug 27, 2013
No clubs are willing to make an offer for Clarke-Harris. York City showed interest but felt they would have to reduced payroll to meet his demands and weren't prepared to make an offer at $60k anyway (his stated value).
----

Our Reserves play a fitness friendly at Whitley Bay, winning 4-2.
Reyna scored at 35' to put us in front from a nice assist by Clarke. They tied it at 37' when Hunter mis-timed his jump on a crossing attempt from miles away. Reyna answered immediately with a free kick goal at 39'. Jones turns the ball over in his own box, giving them an easy score at 44'. Giddings put us in front again at 68' with a thunderous free kick. Bennett sealed it with a goal off a turnover at 91'. Odd match, we were outshot 16-7 but had 6 on target to their 5.